A Nugget from New Life Network
Scripture for the Day (March 17, 2016)
There hath no temptation taken hold of you but such as is common to man. But God is faithful; He will not suffer you to be tempted beyond that which ye are able to bear, but with the temptation will also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it. (1 Corinthians 10:13)
If you keep up with the news at all you see that addictions are on the rise. It does not matter what economic or financial condition a person is in. Addiction will kill the rich and famous a well as the down and out. It plays no favorites. Heroin addictions are on the rise in the affluent Northeast. Multi-million dollar athletes are losing their contracts. Families are being torn apart.
This whole addiction thing is close to my heart because I once was an alcoholic. I am not an alcoholic anymore. There is a way out of this mess for each individual. The following are some thoughts from a former addict:
1. You have to admit you have a problem. Help will never come to someone who does not want help and cannot admit they have a problem.
2. You have to realize you can’t control your addiction. The addiction is in control, not you.
3. At some point in your life you have bought a set of lies. You will never discover what those lies are without hearing the truth.
4. You do have a spiritual enemy and his goal is to kill, steal and destroy.
5. There is a God that loves you and He sent His son Jesus to die for you. That same Jesus is your way out.
My wife’s oldest brother was a very successful country music artist in Nashville, TN. He drank himself to death. My wife’s niece recently passed away due to alcohol abuse. One of our sons was on drugs for years. Our family has been torn apart by addictions to alcohol and drugs. There are answers out there, but you have to be willing to seek and knock.
Our recommendation is to contact Pastor Guy and Cate Iannello at 407-654-0979 (www.TotalFreedomProgram.org), which is one of our great sister ministries. These are serious people so don’t call them unless you are serious about getting help for yourself or someone else.
There is an answer. His name is Jesus!!
If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed. (John 8:36)
Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. (John 14:6)
“Victory Is Not In The Fight, But In The Surrender”