A Nugget from New Life Network
(by Dr. Larry Ollison)
Scripture for the Day (June 12, 2017)
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity or cowardice or fear, but [He has given us a spirit] of power and of love and of sound judgment and personal discipline [abilities that result in a calm, well-balanced mind and self-control]. (2 Timothy 1:7)
Fear is negative. Faith is positive. Fear is associated with hate, greed, stress, worrying, sadness, depression, and so on. Faith is associated with love, generosity, peace, power, rest and relaxation (not laziness), joy, and laughter.
Jehovah God is a God of faith and it takes faith to please Him (Hebrews 11:6). Satan is the author of fear and uses fear in an attempt to destroy faith. Everything that pleases God, Satan hates – and faith pleases God.
In order to remove fear, we must develop faith. Here are five basic steps to completely remove fear from your life.
1) Listen to the Word of God and quit listening to the words of the devil: “But whoever listens to me will dwell safely, and will be secure, without fear of evil” (Proverbs 1:33).
2) Speak the Word of God and quit speaking the words of the devil: “Death and life are in the power of the tongue, and those who love it will eat its fruit” (Proverbs 18:21).
3) Believe the Word of God and quit believing the words of the devil: “Jesus said to him, ‘If you can believe, all things are possible to him who believes’” (Mark 9:23).
4) Act on the Word of God and quit acting on the words of the devil: “For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also” (James 2:26).
5) Let all your speech and actions be motivated by love and reject all pride and hate from your life: “There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves torment. But he who fears has not been made perfect in love” (1 John 4:18).
I understand that a man-made formula to remove fear may not be the answer; but when the above steps become a lifestyle, then faith will grow and faith and love always removes fear.